We represent the Connecticut charter and party boat fishing industry. As an association of well respected captains, we advocate for our collective business growth and legislative rights pertaining to the for-hire industry. Greater membership results in greater strength. We invite you to explore some features and benefits that membership can offer you. There are useful links with more information to begin your process at the bottom of this page.
- We offer a unified voice on behalf of the Connecticut for-hire sportfishing industry.
- Our website, trade shows, magazine, and events will help grow your exposure.
- Collaborate with other association captains, crew, and vessels.
- Provides a direct pipeline to current industry info, regulations, and changes.
- Monthly (off season) meetings address all relevant regulations, events, and actions.
- Training offered for new guidelines/regulations. (ie. electronic catch reporting/SAFIS).
- Our website will expose your business to over 5,000 visitors annually.
- Members are listed and can be featured in our magazine.(1,000 circulated annually)
- Tap into Trade Show, Outdoor Media, Radio and Charity event exposure.
- You are joining an elite group of boats and captains known for industry integrity.
- Our association successfully defends your livelihood.
- For example, in 2018 our association took swift measures to voice our concerns to Connecticut legislators. By doing so, we effectively reversed a 3 week mid summer Black Sea Bass closure for Connecticut waters. We also gained less restrictive possession limits as a bonus. Without the committed involvement of our association, that reversal would have never occurred.
Membership Application Information
Captain Marc Berger, President
Captain Seth Megargle, Vice-President
Captain TJ Karbowski, Treasurer
Captain Mike Pirri, Secretary